Is your dog getting enough time exploring their expanded world and socializing with other humans and pups? Or are you looking for a way to encourage your dog to walk calmly on leash, even with other dogs and people around?
In this Episode of the Muttz with Mannerz™ Canine Academy Podcast, host Corey McCusker shares the many benefits of joining a community walk with your dog. At Muttz with Mannerz™ our mission is to enrich lives at both ends of the leash and our own Community Dog Walk is a great way to do just that!
In this episode, Corey covers:
- What a Community Dog Walk is and how the Muttz with Mannerz™ Community Dog Walks can help you and your dog.
- The science behind group walks and the importance of exploration and socialization for your dog.
- In addition to the physical exercise there is a mental simulation provided in joining a Community Dog Walk.
- A benefit of walking in a group is we see the dogs form positive relations and trust, that you don’t see in other activities.
- How the group gets in sync as they are being consistently socialized in a structured way, which can be a big help in overcoming the issue of your dog being reactive to others.
- The dogs learn from each other when brought into a group (or pack) environment like a group walk.
- The benefits of joining Corey on a walk – you have an experienced expert trainer with you to ensure harmony in the group and help you succeed.
- Why Community walks are a great way to get out and give your dogs some good exercise and training at the same time.
- Where you can find more information to join in a Muttz with Mannerz™ Community Dog Walk or a Women and Dogs Circle walk with Corey too.
To information and to register for one of our Community Dog Walks visit https://www.muttzwithmannerz.com/classes
To information and to register for a Women and Dogs Circle walk visit https://www.seewhatshecando.com/women-and-dogs-circle
Corey McCusker, Canine Coach
Corey’s passion for helping humans and dogs excel led her to take a leap of faith after 22 years working in the Financial Industry to leave her corporate job in 2006 and start two companies. Corey is a Coach at heart and works with business leaders and high-performance teams, but her true passion has always been canines. She now has created a career that supports both.
Corey founded Muttz with Mannerz in 2006. Her foundation of knowledge which includes being a Senior Manager, Dog Trainer, Vet Assistant, World Tour Lead, and Mental Performance Coach helped her to launch the Canine Academy. The purpose of the academy is to assist pet parents build the foundation for their pups to be with them for life.
Corey believes in giving back to the community. Over many years she has volunteered at the Toronto Humane Society and the OSPCA and is also proud to be an evaluator for St. John Ambulance Dog Therapy Program. She held the position of Director of Communications on the board for the Canadian Association for Women Entrepreneurs and Executives from 2017-2019. She has been active with Markham Fair and been a Team Captain and on the Executive for Stouffville Ladies Floor Hockey League for over 15 years.
Corey has made Stouffville her home for the last 18 years and shares it with Mike, her partner, two stepdaughters, Karla and Alison, and their two energetic kittens, Dino and Demi. Over the years Corey has been fortunate to be blessed to share her life with 6 wonderful canines, Tilley ( Miniature Dachshund), Tiny, Kira (Great Danes), Fred(Maltese), Charlie(Morkie), and Cleo(Miniature Poodle). Corey and Mike welcomed their new puppy, Skye, a rescue Muttz from Manitoba reserves into their home in June. 2021. They have big hopes for her and look forward to Skye filling their lives with joy and being an active member of Team Muttz.
Muttz with Mannerz – https://muttzwithmannerz.com
Corey’s Email – email@example.com
Join Corey each month for the Women and Dog Circle Free Meetups you can register here >> https://www.seewhatshecando.com/women-and-dogs-circle