5710 Main Street Lower Level #1
Ontario L4A 2T1
Walks ‘N’ Wags’ Pet First Aid Classes are to our knowledge the most comprehensive pet safety and pet first aid program available.
Important topics covered in the pet first aid classes include:
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency.
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit.
- How to safely approach an injured animal.
- How to complete a Head to Toe assessment.
- How to restrain an injured animal.
- How to transport an injured animal.
- Recognition of signs of common illness and injury.
- How to handle various bleeding wounds.
- Bone, Ear and Eye injuries.
- Choking skills, Artificial Respiration and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Poisoning & Burns.
- Frostbite and hypothermia, Heat stroke.
- Administration of medications.
- Strong emphasis on prevention of illness and injury.
- And More…
Why Walks ‘N’ Wags Pet First Aid Classes?
- Walks ‘N’ Wags are the longest standing Pet First Aid program in Canada.
- The course is applicable to both dog AND cat owners.
- The company is internationally recognized.
- Upon successful completion IAABC AND PSI members are eligible for CEU (continuing education) credits.
- Receive an extensive, user-friendly manual complete with custom illustrations to assist you in your time of need.
- You’ll receive a beautiful Certificate of completion upon passing the course.
Walks ‘N’ Wags works with live pets to experience them wiggling about as you try to bandage them and find their vital signs!
Our Instructors come from an amazing variety of emergency personnel such as firefighters, nurses, and human First Aid Instructors. To animal specialists such as Veterinary technicians, dog trainers, and kennel owners.
You can utilize our logo on your web site or print materials to confirm you have completed our program and add recognition, you will be added to the professional participants page of our web site with a direct web link to yours.
The Pet First Aid courses are informative AND fun!
Cost: $160 per student
must attend full course and complete exam with passing grade to receive a certificate