Thanksgiving is a time to remember all the things we’re grateful for, including our four-legged furry family members.
Here’s 5 tips to keep them safe and happy this Turkey Day:
- Gobble Gobble: If you feed your pet a small bite of turkey, make sure it’s boneless and well-cooked. Do NOT offer them raw or undercooked turkey, which could contain salmonella.
- No Bones Either: Do not give your pet the left over bones, they can be problematic for their digestive tracts.
- No Raw Dough: Don’t spoil your pups holiday by giving them access to raw yeast bread dough. When a dog ingests raw bread dough, the yeast continues to convert the sugars in the dough to carbon dioxide gas and alcohol. This can result in bloated drunken pets, which could end in an emergency trip to the vet.
- Don’t Let Them Eat Cake: If you plan to bake desserts, be sure your pets keep their noses out of the batter, especially if it includes raw eggs—they could contain salmonella bacteria that may lead to food poisoning.
- A Feast Fit for a Pup: Try adding a few pieces of turkey, vegetables (sweet potato or green beans are great for our pups) and dribbles of gravy inside a food puzzle toy. They’ll be happily occupied for awhile, working hard to extract their dinner from the toy while your family is enjoying their special meal.
As we pass along these tips, we want to take a moment to thank all of our clients for their continued loyalty to Muttz With Mannerz™. We would not be where we are without our wonderful pups and their people. Happy Thanksgiving!