Owning a dog is a privilege, but the benefits of becoming a Pet Parent comes with responsibility.
These tips will help to make sure that you find the right dog for you and your family plus it will help guide you through day to day life with your dog.
Our TOP 10 Tips To Follow to Be A Responsible Dog Owner
- Do Your Research
- Recognize The Investment of Time and Money
- Proper Socialization and Training
- Microchipping, Licensing, & Identification
- Spaying & Neutering
- Being on leash & wearing their collars while not at home
- Vaccinations & Parasite Control
- Exercise & Mental Stimulation
- Make alternative care arrangements
But have you ever thought, “What would I do if something happened to my dog, a cut, broken bone or was choking on a toy or treat?”
This would be a very scary and stressful situation, and although you are not a veterinarian you can take steps to ensure that you stay calm, and know what you can do to help your pet until you can get them to a veterinarian.
Pet First Aid is simply the immediate care you can provide for your dog when it has become ill or has injured itself. This first step can be extremely important and knowing what to do could make all the difference in your dog life and future health.
By taking a Pet First Aid course you can prevent more damage if you dog hurts themselves, support your pet until you can get them to a veterinary clinic and know the signs of pain or illness in your dog so that they receive the help they need as soon as possible.
Some important reasons why you need to learn Pet First Aid:
- You can replace panic in a pet emergency with knowledge and a can-do attitude.
- You can enhance your pet training and handling skills.
- You can save money on veterinary bills by catching injuries or illnesses in the early stages.
- You can give your pet a greater chance at a longer, happier, and healthier life spent with you.
At Muttz With Mannerz we know how important your dogs are to you. Our goal is to offer opportunities for dog guardians to learn and look after their dogs.
Join us for our Pet First Aid Session Saturday, March 28 2020
>> CLICK HERE << to register.
The Walks ‘n’ Wags pet 1st aid curriculum is a fun, hands-on Pet First Aid & CPR course.
It is the most comprehensive, recognized program in North America. There are live dogs guaranteed in every class!
Feel empowered knowing what to do to keep your pet alive in an emergency situation. Whether you are a pet parent or pet professional, this course is for you.